Emilio Rojas is widely known as an emcee whose sole focus in life is the sun and the shade, parties and women, flashy cars and flashier jewelry, so it’s no surprise that new leak The Letter is an ode to Patron shots and Louis scarves. Actually, that’s not true at all. At all. Producer immediately Parks set the record’s dark tone with an unidentified audio clip (anyone) backed by deeply banging drums and a chorus of devils and angels. It’s only right then that Emilio lyrically directs his rhymes heavenward, asking his creator (maybe) why he allows such terrible suffering to fall on his creations: “I was gonna write a letter to God, but I dead it / cause I don’t believe in heaven so I don’t know where to send it.” Add in some addition vocals from Tenille, who has been featured on the Booth before, and you’ve got yet another passionate offering sure to build momentum for his upcoming project, whatever it gets titled and whenever it drops (this summer, hopefully). You’ll just have to keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.