Emilio Rojas is widely known as an emcee whose sole focus in life is the sun and the shade, parties and women, flashy cars and flashier jewelry, so it’s no surprise that new leak The Letter is an ode to Patron shots and Louis scarves. Actually, that’s not true at all. At all. Producer immediately Parks set the record’s dark tone with an unidentified audio clip (anyone) backed by deeply banging drums and a chorus of devils and angels. It’s only right then that Emilio lyrically directs his rhymes heavenward, asking his creator (maybe) why he allows such terrible suffering to fall on his creations: “I was gonna write a letter to God, but I dead it / cause I don’t believe in heaven so I don’t know where to send it.” Add in some addition vocals from Tenille, who has been featured on the Booth before, and you’ve got yet another passionate offering sure to build momentum for his upcoming project, whatever it gets titled and whenever it drops (this summer, hopefully). You’ll just have to keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)