While I’m sure the majority of us would all love to feel like we are living a life like Big Sean’s Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay, realistically we will always deal with heart breaks, disappointment and sadness. With his latest, Take a Good Look Around, Emilio Rojas, with the help of producer Gee Futuristic, gives us a cut that many will agree with 100%, while those who haven’t experienced this scenario can kick rocks. Off my emo and back to the song… Futuristic starts the track off with a soft loop that has an indie alt-rock feel to it. However, the hook sets up the song beautifully (thanks to singer Francisco) as heavy drums and guitars rain down to give the song that dark and somewhat depressing feel mixed with regret and anger. As the verses describe a relationship gone bad that anyone can relate to, we really get the lost feeling that many of us have had in similar situations. More agony and ecstasy can be found on Rojas’ upcoming Breaking Point, presented by Billionaire Boys Club and DJ Green Lantern. Thanks for slowing down to remind us love stinks sometimes Emilio. #NoJGeilsBand
Written by JRTheWriter on 10/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.