Fresh off earning reader acclaim for late July’s Something Special, Emilio Rojas returns with another new single off his latest full-length. Whereas the aforementioned joint depicted the Rochester native in one of his bold and arrogant moments, Seek You Out illuminates the emcee’s more vulnerable, introspective side. Over J Gramm Beats production, a pensive flip of Blue Foundation’s Eye on Fire, the artist expresses remorse for his shoddy treatment of those nearest and dearest to him, and wonders whether his recent misfortunes might be karma’s way of evening the score. Connecticut representative Chris Webby confesses a few sins of his own on the back end. Court Dunn directs the record’s cinematic visual accompaniment. For those who still haven’t copped the set, No Shame…No Regrets is available here for free streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 08/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.