Fresh off earning reader acclaim for late July’s Something Special, Emilio Rojas returns with another new single off his latest full-length. Whereas the aforementioned joint depicted the Rochester native in one of his bold and arrogant moments, Seek You Out illuminates the emcee’s more vulnerable, introspective side. Over J Gramm Beats production, a pensive flip of Blue Foundation’s Eye on Fire, the artist expresses remorse for his shoddy treatment of those nearest and dearest to him, and wonders whether his recent misfortunes might be karma’s way of evening the score. Connecticut representative Chris Webby confesses a few sins of his own on the back end. Court Dunn directs the record’s cinematic visual accompaniment. For those who still haven’t copped the set, No Shame…No Regrets is available here for free streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 08/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.