Yesterday, when Chi-town mainstay Naledge dropped off Cruisin, our very own DJ Z remarked that the record’s mellow pace made it the perfect soundtrack for lead-footed motorists looking to avoid another point on their driving record. You might expect to find Emilio Rojas’ Ride Around Slow on the same playlist as that laid-back jam, but you’d be wrong. Contrary to what the title may suggest, the new promo single is more likely to encourage reckless behavior than prevent it. Fresh off lending his innovative production stylings to Skyzoo’ s Give It Up, !llmind continues his creative hot streak here, creating a jagged, heavily-syncopated synth-percussion groove to back the freestyle series alumnus as he paints a seamy, smoky lyrical picture of the good life. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can catch Rojas playing DJBooth’s A3C stage on October 13!
Bonus: Download Ride Around Slow now and receive anexclusive discount code
to buy A3C tickets. The code can be found in the mp3’s artwork and comments. Offer ends Friday, September 21 at 1 PM EST.
Written by richard on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.