Yesterday, when Chi-town mainstay Naledge dropped off Cruisin, our very own DJ Z remarked that the record’s mellow pace made it the perfect soundtrack for lead-footed motorists looking to avoid another point on their driving record. You might expect to find Emilio Rojas’ Ride Around Slow on the same playlist as that laid-back jam, but you’d be wrong. Contrary to what the title may suggest, the new promo single is more likely to encourage reckless behavior than prevent it. Fresh off lending his innovative production stylings to Skyzoo’ s Give It Up, !llmind continues his creative hot streak here, creating a jagged, heavily-syncopated synth-percussion groove to back the freestyle series alumnus as he paints a seamy, smoky lyrical picture of the good life. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can catch Rojas playing DJBooth’s A3C stage on October 13!
Bonus: Download Ride Around Slow now and receive anexclusive discount code
to buy A3C tickets. The code can be found in the mp3’s artwork and comments. Offer ends Friday, September 21 at 1 PM EST.
Written by richard on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.