The great black journalist and orator Marcus Garvey once stated, “If you haven’t confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started.“ On a newly-leaked album standout Emilio Rojas comes to a similar Realization; sick of waiting around for the public to acknowledge his greatness, the Rochester representative resolves to start acting the part and seize what’s rightfully his. How’s the new mindstate working out for him? Pretty damn well. Over V12 the Hitman‘s driving piano-synth boardwork, the freestyle series alumnus celebrates the effects of his newfound self-confidence on his social life: “Every girl I left behind is on my mind, it’s late / The ones I used to think was dimes, they’re like an eight… when before she would have to reassure me / Now I got pull, people gravitatin’ towards me.” Digging this triumphant selection? There’s plenty more where Realization came from on Rojas’ Breaking Point LP, available for download in the Booth along with 2010’s Life Without Shame.
Written by richard on 02/29/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)