The great black journalist and orator Marcus Garvey once stated, “If you haven’t confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started.“ On a newly-leaked album standout Emilio Rojas comes to a similar Realization; sick of waiting around for the public to acknowledge his greatness, the Rochester representative resolves to start acting the part and seize what’s rightfully his. How’s the new mindstate working out for him? Pretty damn well. Over V12 the Hitman‘s driving piano-synth boardwork, the freestyle series alumnus celebrates the effects of his newfound self-confidence on his social life: “Every girl I left behind is on my mind, it’s late / The ones I used to think was dimes, they’re like an eight… when before she would have to reassure me / Now I got pull, people gravitatin’ towards me.” Digging this triumphant selection? There’s plenty more where Realization came from on Rojas’ Breaking Point LP, available for download in the Booth along with 2010’s Life Without Shame.
Written by richard on 02/29/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.