The great black journalist and orator Marcus Garvey once stated, “If you haven’t confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started.“ On a newly-leaked album standout Emilio Rojas comes to a similar Realization; sick of waiting around for the public to acknowledge his greatness, the Rochester representative resolves to start acting the part and seize what’s rightfully his. How’s the new mindstate working out for him? Pretty damn well. Over V12 the Hitman‘s driving piano-synth boardwork, the freestyle series alumnus celebrates the effects of his newfound self-confidence on his social life: “Every girl I left behind is on my mind, it’s late / The ones I used to think was dimes, they’re like an eight… when before she would have to reassure me / Now I got pull, people gravitatin’ towards me.” Digging this triumphant selection? There’s plenty more where Realization came from on Rojas’ Breaking Point LP, available for download in the Booth along with 2010’s Life Without Shame.
Written by richard on 02/29/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.