The great black journalist and orator Marcus Garvey once stated, “If you haven’t confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started.“ On a newly-leaked album standout Emilio Rojas comes to a similar Realization; sick of waiting around for the public to acknowledge his greatness, the Rochester representative resolves to start acting the part and seize what’s rightfully his. How’s the new mindstate working out for him? Pretty damn well. Over V12 the Hitman‘s driving piano-synth boardwork, the freestyle series alumnus celebrates the effects of his newfound self-confidence on his social life: “Every girl I left behind is on my mind, it’s late / The ones I used to think was dimes, they’re like an eight… when before she would have to reassure me / Now I got pull, people gravitatin’ towards me.” Digging this triumphant selection? There’s plenty more where Realization came from on Rojas’ Breaking Point LP, available for download in the Booth along with 2010’s Life Without Shame.
Written by richard on 02/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)