You’ve gotta love truth in advertising. Posse Cut, is… a posse cut—a posse cut about the creation of a posse cut, no less. It’s also a veritable who’s-who of recent Booth favorites: showcasing their prodigious mic skills over beatsmith Eric G.‘s pensive guitar arpeggios and tension-fraught percussion rhythm are East Coast phenom (and DJBooth.net Freestyle Series contributor) Emilio Rojas, Philly/ATL dual repper STS (a freestyle alumnus), North Carolina buzzmaker King Mez (also a freestyle alum), Big Apple native Donny Goines (You guessed it.) and Durham, N.C. fave Thee Tom Hardy (Not a freestyle alum…. psych! He actually is.) And, since all these top-tier rhymesayers were in the building (3LittleDigs HQ, to be precise) while the joint was being recorded, you already know they came correct. In fact, with the cornucopia of dope flows and quotable lines on display, I’m having trouble picking a standout verse—perhaps Booth readers could help me out? Whoever you think came out on top, you should keep your browsers locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest from each and every one of these talented spitters.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.