You’ve gotta love truth in advertising. Posse Cut, is… a posse cut—a posse cut about the creation of a posse cut, no less. It’s also a veritable who’s-who of recent Booth favorites: showcasing their prodigious mic skills over beatsmith Eric G.‘s pensive guitar arpeggios and tension-fraught percussion rhythm are East Coast phenom (and DJBooth.net Freestyle Series contributor) Emilio Rojas, Philly/ATL dual repper STS (a freestyle alumnus), North Carolina buzzmaker King Mez (also a freestyle alum), Big Apple native Donny Goines (You guessed it.) and Durham, N.C. fave Thee Tom Hardy (Not a freestyle alum…. psych! He actually is.) And, since all these top-tier rhymesayers were in the building (3LittleDigs HQ, to be precise) while the joint was being recorded, you already know they came correct. In fact, with the cornucopia of dope flows and quotable lines on display, I’m having trouble picking a standout verse—perhaps Booth readers could help me out? Whoever you think came out on top, you should keep your browsers locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest from each and every one of these talented spitters.
Written by richard on 08/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.