You’ve gotta love truth in advertising. Posse Cut, is… a posse cut—a posse cut about the creation of a posse cut, no less. It’s also a veritable who’s-who of recent Booth favorites: showcasing their prodigious mic skills over beatsmith Eric G.‘s pensive guitar arpeggios and tension-fraught percussion rhythm are East Coast phenom (and DJBooth.net Freestyle Series contributor) Emilio Rojas, Philly/ATL dual repper STS (a freestyle alumnus), North Carolina buzzmaker King Mez (also a freestyle alum), Big Apple native Donny Goines (You guessed it.) and Durham, N.C. fave Thee Tom Hardy (Not a freestyle alum…. psych! He actually is.) And, since all these top-tier rhymesayers were in the building (3LittleDigs HQ, to be precise) while the joint was being recorded, you already know they came correct. In fact, with the cornucopia of dope flows and quotable lines on display, I’m having trouble picking a standout verse—perhaps Booth readers could help me out? Whoever you think came out on top, you should keep your browsers locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest from each and every one of these talented spitters.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.