I don’t know how you could have listened to DJ Z’s interview with Emilio Rojas and not been impressed by the young emcee’s humor, intelligence, drive, and yes, confidence, but you have to admit, he always backs up his words with musical action. The latest example of the New Jersey native’s mic skills is the engrossing Piano Bounce, a softly banging cut produced by DJ Green Lantern that appropriately flips a piano riff into an underground anthem. Quality production aside, the real story here (as always) is Rojas’ versatile rhyme style, touching on everything from fashion to family struggles to the fight to reclaim his Latino roots, all with an admirably honest approach: “The city I’m from they got a rep for being coarse, so I done dealt with every real emotion but remorse.” If you’re digging Piano Bounce, and let’s be honest, you really should be, definitely check out Rojas’ upcoming mixtape, The Natural, set to drop soon.
Listen to More: Emilio Rojas
Written by Nathan S. on 11/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.