I don’t know how you could have listened to DJ Z’s interview with Emilio Rojas and not been impressed by the young emcee’s humor, intelligence, drive, and yes, confidence, but you have to admit, he always backs up his words with musical action. The latest example of the New Jersey native’s mic skills is the engrossing Piano Bounce, a softly banging cut produced by DJ Green Lantern that appropriately flips a piano riff into an underground anthem. Quality production aside, the real story here (as always) is Rojas’ versatile rhyme style, touching on everything from fashion to family struggles to the fight to reclaim his Latino roots, all with an admirably honest approach: “The city I’m from they got a rep for being coarse, so I done dealt with every real emotion but remorse.” If you’re digging Piano Bounce, and let’s be honest, you really should be, definitely check out Rojas’ upcoming mixtape, The Natural, set to drop soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.