I don’t know how you could have listened to DJ Z’s interview with Emilio Rojas and not been impressed by the young emcee’s humor, intelligence, drive, and yes, confidence, but you have to admit, he always backs up his words with musical action. The latest example of the New Jersey native’s mic skills is the engrossing Piano Bounce, a softly banging cut produced by DJ Green Lantern that appropriately flips a piano riff into an underground anthem. Quality production aside, the real story here (as always) is Rojas’ versatile rhyme style, touching on everything from fashion to family struggles to the fight to reclaim his Latino roots, all with an admirably honest approach: “The city I’m from they got a rep for being coarse, so I done dealt with every real emotion but remorse.” If you’re digging Piano Bounce, and let’s be honest, you really should be, definitely check out Rojas’ upcoming mixtape, The Natural, set to drop soon.
Listen to More: Emilio Rojas Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!