When he moved to Brooklyn back in ‘05, Emilio Rojas was just another unknown up-and-comer with no job, no cash, and some big dreams; four years and a few acclaimed mixtape releases later, he’s grown into an NYC buzzmaker with experience opening for some of the biggest names in underground hip-hop. Beating the odds—there’s Nothing Like It! On this newly-leaked mixtape cut, Rojas uses the Kanye West-produced, Dynamic Superiors-sampling instrumental that backed Beanie Sigel‘s track of the same name as a soulful accompaniment to his own hip-hop success story. Rojas’ precise delivery could hardly be farther removed from Beans’ gruff vocal presence, but his nonchalant braggadocio and polysyllabic pyrotechnics (who knew you could rhyme “soliloquy” with “A Milli beat”?) nonetheless sound perfectly at home over K-Weezy’s head-bobbing boardwork. The Natural is set to drop “soon,” but fans should keep their browsers trained on our front page in the meantime; Rojas and DJBooth.net are currently working behind-the-scenes on some potential collaborations.
Listen to More: Emilio Rojas
Written by richard on 06/22/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.