When he moved to Brooklyn back in ‘05, Emilio Rojas was just another unknown up-and-comer with no job, no cash, and some big dreams; four years and a few acclaimed mixtape releases later, he’s grown into an NYC buzzmaker with experience opening for some of the biggest names in underground hip-hop. Beating the odds—there’s Nothing Like It! On this newly-leaked mixtape cut, Rojas uses the Kanye West-produced, Dynamic Superiors-sampling instrumental that backed Beanie Sigel‘s track of the same name as a soulful accompaniment to his own hip-hop success story. Rojas’ precise delivery could hardly be farther removed from Beans’ gruff vocal presence, but his nonchalant braggadocio and polysyllabic pyrotechnics (who knew you could rhyme “soliloquy” with “A Milli beat”?) nonetheless sound perfectly at home over K-Weezy’s head-bobbing boardwork. The Natural is set to drop “soon,” but fans should keep their browsers trained on our front page in the meantime; Rojas and DJBooth.net are currently working behind-the-scenes on some potential collaborations.
Listen to More: Emilio Rojas Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.