When he moved to Brooklyn back in ‘05, Emilio Rojas was just another unknown up-and-comer with no job, no cash, and some big dreams; four years and a few acclaimed mixtape releases later, he’s grown into an NYC buzzmaker with experience opening for some of the biggest names in underground hip-hop. Beating the odds—there’s Nothing Like It! On this newly-leaked mixtape cut, Rojas uses the Kanye West-produced, Dynamic Superiors-sampling instrumental that backed Beanie Sigel‘s track of the same name as a soulful accompaniment to his own hip-hop success story. Rojas’ precise delivery could hardly be farther removed from Beans’ gruff vocal presence, but his nonchalant braggadocio and polysyllabic pyrotechnics (who knew you could rhyme “soliloquy” with “A Milli beat”?) nonetheless sound perfectly at home over K-Weezy’s head-bobbing boardwork. The Natural is set to drop “soon,” but fans should keep their browsers trained on our front page in the meantime; Rojas and DJBooth.net are currently working behind-the-scenes on some potential collaborations.
Written by richard on 06/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)