Earlier this month, when we unveiled the winners of the fifth annual Best of the Booth Awards, Emilio Rojas took home the Staff Pick trophy for “Breaking Through in 2013.” It might be a little early to start patting ourselves on the back but, sure enough, the Rochester native’s first feature of the year sounds like the work of an artist on the road to greatness. Following last November’s Whisper, new single Nobody F**king With Me features Rojas toasting his excellence and blocking out the haters over Northeastern vet DJ Green Lantern‘s chilly, patrician harpsichord loop. Green Backpack-rocking reader fave XV touts his skills and authenticity on the middle, and Connecticut buzzmaker Chris Webby caps the record off with an imperious, pop-referential closing 16. No Shame No Regrets still lacks a drop date, but Rojas plans to announce further details on the set in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.