Whether the revolution is actually coming or today’s global unrest will turn out to be a historical footnote, there’s no denying that from Oscar Grant protests in Oakland to Occupy Wall Street, uprisings in Egypt to riots in London, the people are increasingly taking to the streets to give those in charge the Middle Finger, and Emilio Rojas is only too happy to provide the soundtrack. The latest release off his Breaking Point album, Middle Finger finds Emilio recruiting boardsmith M-Phazes to cook up an appropriately militaristic, gritty and percussively aggressive beat. On the mic the NYC emcee joins the proud tradition set down by Ice-T and NWA, exhorting listeners to take matters into their own hands if they can’t find justice through the courts. I’m not suggesting you take on your local riot squad…but if you do, you’ll want to have Middle Finger locked and loaded on your iPod. No word yet on a release date for Rojas’ Breaking Point album, presented by Billionaire Boys Club, but you can count on us to keep you informed. In the meantime, feel free to extend one digit to the sky.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.