Whether the revolution is actually coming or today’s global unrest will turn out to be a historical footnote, there’s no denying that from Oscar Grant protests in Oakland to Occupy Wall Street, uprisings in Egypt to riots in London, the people are increasingly taking to the streets to give those in charge the Middle Finger, and Emilio Rojas is only too happy to provide the soundtrack. The latest release off his Breaking Point album, Middle Finger finds Emilio recruiting boardsmith M-Phazes to cook up an appropriately militaristic, gritty and percussively aggressive beat. On the mic the NYC emcee joins the proud tradition set down by Ice-T and NWA, exhorting listeners to take matters into their own hands if they can’t find justice through the courts. I’m not suggesting you take on your local riot squad…but if you do, you’ll want to have Middle Finger locked and loaded on your iPod. No word yet on a release date for Rojas’ Breaking Point album, presented by Billionaire Boys Club, but you can count on us to keep you informed. In the meantime, feel free to extend one digit to the sky.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/29/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.