Quick quiz: What’s the only thing better than $100? $200. What’s the only thing better than a lap dance from a beautiful woman? A lapdance from two beautiful women. (Or so I hear.) And what’s the only thing better than a song from one Booth approved artist? You guessed it, two or more artists on the same song. Sometimes more is just more, as evidenced by Emilio Rojas’ new offering Look at Me Now, which teams Emilio’s always deeply personal and deeply dope rhyme style up with a rocking, pulsing beat from M-Phazes, string work from Ashanti The Mad Violinist and vocals from newcomer Dion Primo. I know that’s a lot to take in at one time, so let me simplify: Look at Me Now doesn’t sound like anything else out there. You should listen to it. As in now. In the mood for even more dopeness? You can catch both Emilio and M-Phazes at our SXSW showcase, and listen to the untagged version of his latest album, Life Without Shame, when it drops exclusively on DJBooth this Wednesday, March 23.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.