Quick quiz: What’s the only thing better than $100? $200. What’s the only thing better than a lap dance from a beautiful woman? A lapdance from two beautiful women. (Or so I hear.) And what’s the only thing better than a song from one Booth approved artist? You guessed it, two or more artists on the same song. Sometimes more is just more, as evidenced by Emilio Rojas’ new offering Look at Me Now, which teams Emilio’s always deeply personal and deeply dope rhyme style up with a rocking, pulsing beat from M-Phazes, string work from Ashanti The Mad Violinist and vocals from newcomer Dion Primo. I know that’s a lot to take in at one time, so let me simplify: Look at Me Now doesn’t sound like anything else out there. You should listen to it. As in now. In the mood for even more dopeness? You can catch both Emilio and M-Phazes at our SXSW showcase, and listen to the untagged version of his latest album, Life Without Shame, when it drops exclusively on DJBooth this Wednesday, March 23.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.