On the third single off his seminal Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… LP, Raekwon hopped in his Ice Cream truck to deliver some frozen confections to all the beautiful women in his ‘hood. Though the lead single off Emilio Rojas’ next album is a 2K12 update of that mid-nineties classic, the cut finds the Rochester rhymesayer dealing with some deeper issues than which flavor of female to chase after. Over Vinylz’ production, a synth-laced reworking of RZA‘s original beat (featuring an iconic sample from guitarist Earl Klugh’s A Time for Love instrumental) as Rojas reflects on his rise from poverty to prominence and flips the bird to the family who only cared about him once he got on. Director Court Dunn ties the package together, providing a novel spin on the original cut’s official visuals. No Shame, No Regrets as yet lacks a solid drop date, but the artist assures us that it’s coming “soon.” In the meantime, Rojas fans should be sure to check out his guest rhymes on Jared Evan‘s Charlie Brown (Remix), premiered today in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!