2013 saw Emilio Rojas step into the Booth with a whopping 18 features, eight of them attached to his latest album release, No Shame… No Regrets. Will he be able to match—or surpass—that total in the new year? It’s obviously too early to tell, but he’s getting an appropriately early start with promotional single Hold Up. (Technically, it dropped in December but, due to our lateness, it counts.) Here, the Rochester representative trades the brash intensity of his last project for a more mellow, understated aesthetic. Backed by Brooklyn beatsmith Harry Fraud‘s delayed guitar loops, Rojas interweaves his trademark aggressive flows with smoother sung vocals. Are you feeling the artist’s latest stylistic evolution? Then you’re gonna want to keep your browsers locked; Emilio has yet to announce his plans for 2014 but, rest assured, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.