2013 saw Emilio Rojas step into the Booth with a whopping 18 features, eight of them attached to his latest album release, No Shame… No Regrets. Will he be able to match—or surpass—that total in the new year? It’s obviously too early to tell, but he’s getting an appropriately early start with promotional single Hold Up. (Technically, it dropped in December but, due to our lateness, it counts.) Here, the Rochester representative trades the brash intensity of his last project for a more mellow, understated aesthetic. Backed by Brooklyn beatsmith Harry Fraud‘s delayed guitar loops, Rojas interweaves his trademark aggressive flows with smoother sung vocals. Are you feeling the artist’s latest stylistic evolution? Then you’re gonna want to keep your browsers locked; Emilio has yet to announce his plans for 2014 but, rest assured, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.