2013 saw Emilio Rojas step into the Booth with a whopping 18 features, eight of them attached to his latest album release, No Shame… No Regrets. Will he be able to match—or surpass—that total in the new year? It’s obviously too early to tell, but he’s getting an appropriately early start with promotional single Hold Up. (Technically, it dropped in December but, due to our lateness, it counts.) Here, the Rochester representative trades the brash intensity of his last project for a more mellow, understated aesthetic. Backed by Brooklyn beatsmith Harry Fraud‘s delayed guitar loops, Rojas interweaves his trademark aggressive flows with smoother sung vocals. Are you feeling the artist’s latest stylistic evolution? Then you’re gonna want to keep your browsers locked; Emilio has yet to announce his plans for 2014 but, rest assured, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.