When a song is titled High Level Sh*t, you’re setting yourself up for a lot of criticism if you don’t deliver. However, Emillio Rojas doesn’t have much to worry about. On his new stand alone cut with Freeway (who always brings some high level sh*t), Emillio has some bars and lets you know what kind of dude he really is. Flowing over the V12 The Hitman production, Emillo spits lines like “And if your mama raised you a good girl, your mama raised you wrong,” letting you know he wants bad girls who are good at doing bad things. While the topics revolve around money, bad b*tches, and being on an amazing level of dopeness (which every rapper raps about) with the heavy drum hits and guitar blazing instrumental, this one is actually believable. Emillo’s flow is on point, and although Freeway is borderline yelling at me, the two with the help of a banging instrumental do get their point across. This is some High Level Sh*t.
Written by JRTheWriter on 12/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.