With Emilio Rojas’ latest full-length less than a week away from release, lead single Lean on ‘Em remains fans’ only foretaste of the highly-anticipated set. (Tomorrow Never Comes is a bonus track, so it doesn’t really count.) Realizing that listeners may want another preview before springing for the full project, the Rochester representative has liberated Good Morning as the final pre-album song release. This introspective, yet self-assured selection deals with one the rhymesayer’s perennial favorite topics: his ambivalent feelings toward the female gender. Over Lowkey‘s sizzling synths, Rojas warns potential jump-offs that when the sun creeps over the horizon, it’s adios, muchacha. (And no, he’s not interested in being friends.) For Good Morning and many more fresh cuts, cop No Shame…No Regrets next Tuesday (6/11), when it hits The DJBooth for free streaming and download. The retail version of the LP can be pre-ordered now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.