With Emilio Rojas’ latest full-length less than a week away from release, lead single Lean on ‘Em remains fans’ only foretaste of the highly-anticipated set. (Tomorrow Never Comes is a bonus track, so it doesn’t really count.) Realizing that listeners may want another preview before springing for the full project, the Rochester representative has liberated Good Morning as the final pre-album song release. This introspective, yet self-assured selection deals with one the rhymesayer’s perennial favorite topics: his ambivalent feelings toward the female gender. Over Lowkey‘s sizzling synths, Rojas warns potential jump-offs that when the sun creeps over the horizon, it’s adios, muchacha. (And no, he’s not interested in being friends.) For Good Morning and many more fresh cuts, cop No Shame…No Regrets next Tuesday (6/11), when it hits The DJBooth for free streaming and download. The retail version of the LP can be pre-ordered now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.