Many of Emilio Rojas’ most powerful cuts deal with the hardship he endured growing up as the poor, racially-mixed child of an absent father, and the emotional scars he still bears as a result. On new single Give the World to You, the Rochester, N.Y. repper returns to those familiar themes, but instead of going the mic-therapy route, he emphasizes the silver lining to his struggles. Over Australian producer M-Phazes’ sweeping, rock-infused boardwork, Rojas rejoices in rising above his difficult circumstances and proving his doubters wrong, resolving to use his talents to build a better life for his mom, sisters and nieces. Dave Schuler delivers a soaring guest chorus, and director Court Dunn provides a heartwarming visual complement to the emcee’s verses. Released in June, No Shame…No Regrets is available now for streaming, free download and digital purchase in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.