Many of Emilio Rojas’ most powerful cuts deal with the hardship he endured growing up as the poor, racially-mixed child of an absent father, and the emotional scars he still bears as a result. On new single Give the World to You, the Rochester, N.Y. repper returns to those familiar themes, but instead of going the mic-therapy route, he emphasizes the silver lining to his struggles. Over Australian producer M-Phazes’ sweeping, rock-infused boardwork, Rojas rejoices in rising above his difficult circumstances and proving his doubters wrong, resolving to use his talents to build a better life for his mom, sisters and nieces. Dave Schuler delivers a soaring guest chorus, and director Court Dunn provides a heartwarming visual complement to the emcee’s verses. Released in June, No Shame…No Regrets is available now for streaming, free download and digital purchase in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.