Many of Emilio Rojas’ most powerful cuts deal with the hardship he endured growing up as the poor, racially-mixed child of an absent father, and the emotional scars he still bears as a result. On new single Give the World to You, the Rochester, N.Y. repper returns to those familiar themes, but instead of going the mic-therapy route, he emphasizes the silver lining to his struggles. Over Australian producer M-Phazes’ sweeping, rock-infused boardwork, Rojas rejoices in rising above his difficult circumstances and proving his doubters wrong, resolving to use his talents to build a better life for his mom, sisters and nieces. Dave Schuler delivers a soaring guest chorus, and director Court Dunn provides a heartwarming visual complement to the emcee’s verses. Released in June, No Shame…No Regrets is available now for streaming, free download and digital purchase in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)