Many of Emilio Rojas’ most powerful cuts deal with the hardship he endured growing up as the poor, racially-mixed child of an absent father, and the emotional scars he still bears as a result. On new single Give the World to You, the Rochester, N.Y. repper returns to those familiar themes, but instead of going the mic-therapy route, he emphasizes the silver lining to his struggles. Over Australian producer M-Phazes’ sweeping, rock-infused boardwork, Rojas rejoices in rising above his difficult circumstances and proving his doubters wrong, resolving to use his talents to build a better life for his mom, sisters and nieces. Dave Schuler delivers a soaring guest chorus, and director Court Dunn provides a heartwarming visual complement to the emcee’s verses. Released in June, No Shame…No Regrets is available now for streaming, free download and digital purchase in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.