You’ve gotta love a good fake-out. While the fanfare that kicks off Emilio Rojas’ latest offering had me thinking “For the Win,” I should have known better than to think success would smooth the Rochester, New York native’s rough edges. In reality, of course, he’s using the acronym FTW in the classic, less-uplifting sense. Backed by DJ Static‘s bombastic synth-brass instrumental, the freestyle series alum demonstrates that “triumphant nihilism” isn’t necessarily an oxymoron, shouting “F*ck the world!” while demonstrating beyond a shadow of a doubt that he’s on top of it (double-entendre not intended – but, hey, if the shoe fits…). Joining him on the guest tip, ATL representative Killer Mike/Mike Bigga does his part to push the record’s F-bomb count to stratospheric levels, showcasing a few dazzling flows along the way. If this defiant jam leaves you craving more, we’ve got you covered – released on Friday, Emilio Rojas’ new Life Without Shame street album is available for free streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 11/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.