You’ve gotta love a good fake-out. While the fanfare that kicks off Emilio Rojas’ latest offering had me thinking “For the Win,” I should have known better than to think success would smooth the Rochester, New York native’s rough edges. In reality, of course, he’s using the acronym FTW in the classic, less-uplifting sense. Backed by DJ Static‘s bombastic synth-brass instrumental, the freestyle series alum demonstrates that “triumphant nihilism” isn’t necessarily an oxymoron, shouting “F*ck the world!” while demonstrating beyond a shadow of a doubt that he’s on top of it (double-entendre not intended – but, hey, if the shoe fits…). Joining him on the guest tip, ATL representative Killer Mike/Mike Bigga does his part to push the record’s F-bomb count to stratospheric levels, showcasing a few dazzling flows along the way. If this defiant jam leaves you craving more, we’ve got you covered – released on Friday, Emilio Rojas’ new Life Without Shame street album is available for free streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 11/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.