Ah, ex-girlfriends. They’re like girlfriends, but even crazier and you don’t have to buy them things. (I’ll be sleeping on the couch tonight for that one.) Luckily I’ll be able to commiserate with NYC rhymespitter and Booth Freestyle alum Emilio Rojas, who’s had his fair share of lady trouble if new record Ex Girl is to be believed. With a captivating beat constructed from The Black Keys’ song Next Girl, Rojas continues the microphone destruction streak we last heard on Hold You Down (Remix) and fills Ex with rewind-worthy metaphorical punchlines: “Rollin with folks who only know you as a failure / when I met you, you showed your best parts, you’re like a trailer.” On the back end Paradise resident Mickey Factz echoes Rojas’ sentiments, resulting in a record that’s sure to become an anthem for those dealing with clingy, bitter exes. Not that I’d know or anything. Anyway, Rojas is currently considering placing Ex Girl on his upcoming, DJ Green Lantern hosted, intriguingly titled mixtape Life Without Shame. We’ll just have to wait until October to find out for sure if Ex made the final cut.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label