Ah, ex-girlfriends. They’re like girlfriends, but even crazier and you don’t have to buy them things. (I’ll be sleeping on the couch tonight for that one.) Luckily I’ll be able to commiserate with NYC rhymespitter and Booth Freestyle alum Emilio Rojas, who’s had his fair share of lady trouble if new record Ex Girl is to be believed. With a captivating beat constructed from The Black Keys’ song Next Girl, Rojas continues the microphone destruction streak we last heard on Hold You Down (Remix) and fills Ex with rewind-worthy metaphorical punchlines: “Rollin with folks who only know you as a failure / when I met you, you showed your best parts, you’re like a trailer.” On the back end Paradise resident Mickey Factz echoes Rojas’ sentiments, resulting in a record that’s sure to become an anthem for those dealing with clingy, bitter exes. Not that I’d know or anything. Anyway, Rojas is currently considering placing Ex Girl on his upcoming, DJ Green Lantern hosted, intriguingly titled mixtape Life Without Shame. We’ll just have to wait until October to find out for sure if Ex made the final cut.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.