Earlier this month, when Emilio Rojas stepped into the Booth with Make a Move, a joint left over from the sessions for his next album, the general consensus seemed to be that the Rochester repper was right to leave it on the cutting room floor. Did It Again, the latest project outtake to hit our front page, seems likely to inspire a more ambivalent reaction—readers may regret it didn’t make a cut, but its exclusion will only heighten anticipation for the finished project. Here, frequent collaborator DJ Green Lantern flips Mayer Hawthorne‘s cover of James Pants’ Thin Moon (also sampled in Raffinae‘s Troubled Lovers Syndrome) into an ironically tender backdrop for bars exploring Rojas’ aversion to romantic commitment. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch our pages for more LP inclusions and outtakes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled arrival of Emilio Rojas’ next full-length, No Shame, No Regrets.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.