Earlier this month, when Emilio Rojas stepped into the Booth with Make a Move, a joint left over from the sessions for his next album, the general consensus seemed to be that the Rochester repper was right to leave it on the cutting room floor. Did It Again, the latest project outtake to hit our front page, seems likely to inspire a more ambivalent reaction—readers may regret it didn’t make a cut, but its exclusion will only heighten anticipation for the finished project. Here, frequent collaborator DJ Green Lantern flips Mayer Hawthorne‘s cover of James Pants’ Thin Moon (also sampled in Raffinae‘s Troubled Lovers Syndrome) into an ironically tender backdrop for bars exploring Rojas’ aversion to romantic commitment. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch our pages for more LP inclusions and outtakes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled arrival of Emilio Rojas’ next full-length, No Shame, No Regrets.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.