Earlier this month, when Emilio Rojas stepped into the Booth with Make a Move, a joint left over from the sessions for his next album, the general consensus seemed to be that the Rochester repper was right to leave it on the cutting room floor. Did It Again, the latest project outtake to hit our front page, seems likely to inspire a more ambivalent reaction—readers may regret it didn’t make a cut, but its exclusion will only heighten anticipation for the finished project. Here, frequent collaborator DJ Green Lantern flips Mayer Hawthorne‘s cover of James Pants’ Thin Moon (also sampled in Raffinae‘s Troubled Lovers Syndrome) into an ironically tender backdrop for bars exploring Rojas’ aversion to romantic commitment. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch our pages for more LP inclusions and outtakes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled arrival of Emilio Rojas’ next full-length, No Shame, No Regrets.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)