Earlier this month, when Emilio Rojas stepped into the Booth with Make a Move, a joint left over from the sessions for his next album, the general consensus seemed to be that the Rochester repper was right to leave it on the cutting room floor. Did It Again, the latest project outtake to hit our front page, seems likely to inspire a more ambivalent reaction—readers may regret it didn’t make a cut, but its exclusion will only heighten anticipation for the finished project. Here, frequent collaborator DJ Green Lantern flips Mayer Hawthorne‘s cover of James Pants’ Thin Moon (also sampled in Raffinae‘s Troubled Lovers Syndrome) into an ironically tender backdrop for bars exploring Rojas’ aversion to romantic commitment. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch our pages for more LP inclusions and outtakes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled arrival of Emilio Rojas’ next full-length, No Shame, No Regrets.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.