Sympathy for the Devil, a record off 2010’s The Natural LP, saw Emilio Rojas delivering bars from the perspective of the father who physically abused his mother before walking out of their life when the artist was only 10. Far from helping Rojas see his old man’s side of the story, however, the exercise only made him more furious. On new promotional single Diablo (Sympathy for the Devil Part II), he revisits the same subject matter from his own standpoint, lacing !llmind‘s slow-rolling, synth-driven beat with all of the harsh words he wishes he could address to his dad in person. While this cathartic selection isn’t part of the project, fans will be able to hear more new music from Emilio Rojas (including the recently-featured, reader-approved Nobody F**king With Me) on forthcoming album No Shame No Regrets, due out digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/30/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.