Sympathy for the Devil, a record off 2010’s The Natural LP, saw Emilio Rojas delivering bars from the perspective of the father who physically abused his mother before walking out of their life when the artist was only 10. Far from helping Rojas see his old man’s side of the story, however, the exercise only made him more furious. On new promotional single Diablo (Sympathy for the Devil Part II), he revisits the same subject matter from his own standpoint, lacing !llmind‘s slow-rolling, synth-driven beat with all of the harsh words he wishes he could address to his dad in person. While this cathartic selection isn’t part of the project, fans will be able to hear more new music from Emilio Rojas (including the recently-featured, reader-approved Nobody F**king With Me) on forthcoming album No Shame No Regrets, due out digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.