Sympathy for the Devil, a record off 2010’s The Natural LP, saw Emilio Rojas delivering bars from the perspective of the father who physically abused his mother before walking out of their life when the artist was only 10. Far from helping Rojas see his old man’s side of the story, however, the exercise only made him more furious. On new promotional single Diablo (Sympathy for the Devil Part II), he revisits the same subject matter from his own standpoint, lacing !llmind‘s slow-rolling, synth-driven beat with all of the harsh words he wishes he could address to his dad in person. While this cathartic selection isn’t part of the project, fans will be able to hear more new music from Emilio Rojas (including the recently-featured, reader-approved Nobody F**king With Me) on forthcoming album No Shame No Regrets, due out digitally in the near future.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.