Ah, dysfunctional relationships. They’re the best. (Except for, you know, functional relationships.) As anyone who’s been following Emilio Rojas’ music knows, the DJBooth Freestyle alum tends to have, shall we say “complicated”, relationships with the ladies, but new single Close to Me might just be his most heartbroken yet. Producer Midnite sets the tone with a piano-driven, live percussion beat that Rojas uses to lace more of the deeply personal flows that have earned him such a loyal following: “[these] hurdles are impossible to walk around, and you’ve been searching through my phone like it’s a lost and found.” Most notably, Emilio throws in the first sung hook I can ever remember hearing from him, and does so more than well enough to stay off my ever growing Rappers Who Really Need to Stop Singing list (cough 50 Cent cough). Well done sir, well done. Fans looking to get closer to Emilio can download his recently released and intriguingly titled mixtape, Life Without Shame, right here and should check out the trailer for his Close to Me video, coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.