Quick, name an emcee who’s been killing every new song he touches. Hmmm…I’d have to go with Emilio Rojas, I’m still trying to catch my breath after hearing his work on the Hold You Down Remix. Ok, now name a producer who’s been turning out quality beats like Dunkin turns out donuts. Well….I’d have to say !llmind. I’m still blasting Live From the Tape Deck . What if I were to tell you that Rojas and !ll have teamed up for a new record called Champion? Is that something you’d be interested in? Yes, I’m absolutely interested, and I’m also going to stop this extended inner dialogue. My possible personal insanity aside, Champion is everything we could have hoped for: Emilio speeds up his flow to stunning speeds, !llmind crafts a swirling yet hard hitting beat, and to top it off Laura Reed and Voodoo lay down some sweet and reggae-soaked vocals, respectively, to give the record a real sense of triumph. If Rojas’ upcoming mixtape, the intriguingly named Life Without Shame, is all this good, we may indeed be looking at a new champion of unsigned rappers come November 11.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/12/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.