Quick, name an emcee who’s been killing every new song he touches. Hmmm…I’d have to go with Emilio Rojas, I’m still trying to catch my breath after hearing his work on the Hold You Down Remix. Ok, now name a producer who’s been turning out quality beats like Dunkin turns out donuts. Well….I’d have to say !llmind. I’m still blasting Live From the Tape Deck . What if I were to tell you that Rojas and !ll have teamed up for a new record called Champion? Is that something you’d be interested in? Yes, I’m absolutely interested, and I’m also going to stop this extended inner dialogue. My possible personal insanity aside, Champion is everything we could have hoped for: Emilio speeds up his flow to stunning speeds, !llmind crafts a swirling yet hard hitting beat, and to top it off Laura Reed and Voodoo lay down some sweet and reggae-soaked vocals, respectively, to give the record a real sense of triumph. If Rojas’ upcoming mixtape, the intriguingly named Life Without Shame, is all this good, we may indeed be looking at a new champion of unsigned rappers come November 11.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.