On the real, I don’t see how anyone could have listened to our very own DJ Z’s recent interview of Emilio Rojas and not come away a fan. The man’s got a fierce intelligence, a good sense of humor, and oh yeah, he’s a hell of an MC too. Hey, when you’re this good it’s hard not to be Bold and Arrogant. The latest street single off DJ Green Lantern’s upcoming The Natural project, Bold and Arrogant is a sparse, electronic, bass pounding cut from producer M-Phazes that allows Emilio to put his swaggering side on full display, dropping lines like “I know what you feel just like a therapist, fresh pair of kicks, chicks that are very thick.” Is it still arrogant if it’s true? Be on the lookout for The Natural, dropping October 28, go cop Rojas’ Recession Proof mixtape, out now, and of course keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.