Unlike Ludacris, who’s been popping out How Low remixes like Octomom pops out babies, rising rhyme star Emilio Rojas has taken a quality over quantity approach, waiting nearly four months to drop the remix to his breakthrough single Bold & Arrogant, off his The Natural mixtape. Bringing back the M-Phazes, booming old school production untouched, the remix makes its mark on the lyrical end. Starting off the festivities is Emilio, who drops the type of flowing, subtly dope verse we’ve come to expect, followed by some good-but-not-great Styles P verses and, finally, en fuego lines from Asher Roth…who…f**king…kills it. First Childish Games and now this? Do we have to start talking about Roth as one of the best young emcees in the game? I find it hard to believe you haven’t already, but just in case you’ve been living in a cave with Osama for the last few months…for more freshly Rojasian hip-hop be sure to pick up a copy of his latest mixtape The Natural, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.