Unlike Ludacris, who’s been popping out How Low remixes like Octomom pops out babies, rising rhyme star Emilio Rojas has taken a quality over quantity approach, waiting nearly four months to drop the remix to his breakthrough single Bold & Arrogant, off his The Natural mixtape. Bringing back the M-Phazes, booming old school production untouched, the remix makes its mark on the lyrical end. Starting off the festivities is Emilio, who drops the type of flowing, subtly dope verse we’ve come to expect, followed by some good-but-not-great Styles P verses and, finally, en fuego lines from Asher Roth…who…f**king…kills it. First Childish Games and now this? Do we have to start talking about Roth as one of the best young emcees in the game? I find it hard to believe you haven’t already, but just in case you’ve been living in a cave with Osama for the last few months…for more freshly Rojasian hip-hop be sure to pick up a copy of his latest mixtape The Natural, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.