On the real, I don’t see how anyone could have listened to our very own DJ Z’s recent interview of Emilio Rojas and not come away a fan. The man’s got a fierce intelligence, a good sense of humor, and oh yeah, he’s a hell of an MC too. Hey, when you’re this good it’s hard not to be Bold and Arrogant. The latest street single off DJ Green Lantern’s upcoming The Natural project, Bold and Arrogant is a sparse, electronic, bass pounding cut from producer M-Phazes that allows Emilio to put his swaggering side on full display, dropping lines like “I know what you feel just like a therapist, fresh pair of kicks, chicks that are very thick.” Is it still arrogant if it’s true? Be on the lookout for The Natural, dropping October 28, go cop Rojas’ Recession Proof mixtape, out now, and of course keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.