For all of Emilio Rojas’ strengths—his mic skills, his self-confidence, his tenacious wit—the Rochester representative has one hell of an Achilles’ Heel: I’m talking, of course, about his love life. Whether he’s disregarding the feelings of a good woman or caught in love with a female who doesn’t treat him right, he seems to end up on the wrong side of every romantic dilemma. No exception to the rule, the latest single off Rojas’ next street album finds him neglecting a woman at home as he enjoys the sexual perks of life as a touring artist. Over WillPowers’ gentle, R&B-informed synth production, the freestyle alum details his compulsive womanizing and his lack of interest in commitment in deceptively tender bars, asking her, “Baby, can you Blame Me?” Yes, yes she can—on the hook, On My Own collaborator Nikkiya lets the headliner know exactly how she feels about his shady behavior. Though Rojas seems to be the guilty party in this scenario, the record’s fresh enough that it’s hard to stay mad at him—or do I have it twisted? If you agree with my assessment, you’ll want to stay tuned for the latest on Emilio Rojas’ yet-unscheduled new album, Breaking Point.
Written by richard on 12/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.