For all of Emilio Rojas’ strengths—his mic skills, his self-confidence, his tenacious wit—the Rochester representative has one hell of an Achilles’ Heel: I’m talking, of course, about his love life. Whether he’s disregarding the feelings of a good woman or caught in love with a female who doesn’t treat him right, he seems to end up on the wrong side of every romantic dilemma. No exception to the rule, the latest single off Rojas’ next street album finds him neglecting a woman at home as he enjoys the sexual perks of life as a touring artist. Over WillPowers’ gentle, R&B-informed synth production, the freestyle alum details his compulsive womanizing and his lack of interest in commitment in deceptively tender bars, asking her, “Baby, can you Blame Me?” Yes, yes she can—on the hook, On My Own collaborator Nikkiya lets the headliner know exactly how she feels about his shady behavior. Though Rojas seems to be the guilty party in this scenario, the record’s fresh enough that it’s hard to stay mad at him—or do I have it twisted? If you agree with my assessment, you’ll want to stay tuned for the latest on Emilio Rojas’ yet-unscheduled new album, Breaking Point.
Written by richard on 12/15/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.