If the dire state of the U.S. economy’s putting a strain on your pocketbook, Emilio Rojas just might have a cure for what ails you; the Booth-approved emcee is currently getting ready to drop his DJ Noodles and Legend-presented Recession Proof mixtape. If this newly-released remix is any indication, the NYC native’s economic elixir will consist of a crowd-pleasing blend of sampled beats and hard-hitting rhymes from an impressive cast of up-and-comers. As Rojas and guest emcees Hassaan Mackey, Black Sinatra, LI, and Nikal Fieldz team up to paint a gritty picture of life in the 585 area code, M-Phazes carries on the time-honored tradition of crafting banging hip-hop beats out of the corniest classic rock samples imaginable—in this case, the producer extracts a few piano chords and a vocal hook from British group Magnum’s 1982 hit Sacred Hour. While Recession Proof, due out soon, may not balance your budget, cuts like this one are certainly a catchy distraction from financial troubles.
Written by richard on 02/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)