If the dire state of the U.S. economy’s putting a strain on your pocketbook, Emilio Rojas just might have a cure for what ails you; the Booth-approved emcee is currently getting ready to drop his DJ Noodles and Legend-presented Recession Proof mixtape. If this newly-released remix is any indication, the NYC native’s economic elixir will consist of a crowd-pleasing blend of sampled beats and hard-hitting rhymes from an impressive cast of up-and-comers. As Rojas and guest emcees Hassaan Mackey, Black Sinatra, LI, and Nikal Fieldz team up to paint a gritty picture of life in the 585 area code, M-Phazes carries on the time-honored tradition of crafting banging hip-hop beats out of the corniest classic rock samples imaginable—in this case, the producer extracts a few piano chords and a vocal hook from British group Magnum’s 1982 hit Sacred Hour. While Recession Proof, due out soon, may not balance your budget, cuts like this one are certainly a catchy distraction from financial troubles.
Written by richard on 02/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.