If the dire state of the U.S. economy’s putting a strain on your pocketbook, Emilio Rojas just might have a cure for what ails you; the Booth-approved emcee is currently getting ready to drop his DJ Noodles and Legend-presented Recession Proof mixtape. If this newly-released remix is any indication, the NYC native’s economic elixir will consist of a crowd-pleasing blend of sampled beats and hard-hitting rhymes from an impressive cast of up-and-comers. As Rojas and guest emcees Hassaan Mackey, Black Sinatra, LI, and Nikal Fieldz team up to paint a gritty picture of life in the 585 area code, M-Phazes carries on the time-honored tradition of crafting banging hip-hop beats out of the corniest classic rock samples imaginable—in this case, the producer extracts a few piano chords and a vocal hook from British group Magnum’s 1982 hit Sacred Hour. While Recession Proof, due out soon, may not balance your budget, cuts like this one are certainly a catchy distraction from financial troubles.
Written by richard on 02/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.