Every now and then in Hip-Hop you come across quite the dynamic duo, whether it’s musical pioneers Eric B. and Rakim or modern-day wordsmiths Jay-Z and Kanye West (collectively known as The Throne). With their unique geographic bearings, one hails from the East Coast while the other is based out of Barcelona, Emilio Lopez and RJBeats might just be on their way to becoming the next notable duo in Hip-Hop. The duo’s latest record, Listenin’ To B.I., serves as The DJBooth debut for producer RJBeats and New England emcee Emilio Lopez, who has appeared on records with Apathy, Stylez Da Kid, and more. With the backing of the Barcelona beatsmith, Lopez goes on to unleash his skilled rhymes on the art of being a true emcee. The record also serves as a bit of an ode to the late Notorious B.I.G. thanks to both its title and a sample RJBeats uses from the famed rapper. Listenin’ To B.I. is the first single from the duo’s forthcoming Vice City Nights EP, which is due out on September 18.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.