Every now and then in Hip-Hop you come across quite the dynamic duo, whether it’s musical pioneers Eric B. and Rakim or modern-day wordsmiths Jay-Z and Kanye West (collectively known as The Throne). With their unique geographic bearings, one hails from the East Coast while the other is based out of Barcelona, Emilio Lopez and RJBeats might just be on their way to becoming the next notable duo in Hip-Hop. The duo’s latest record, Listenin’ To B.I., serves as The DJBooth debut for producer RJBeats and New England emcee Emilio Lopez, who has appeared on records with Apathy, Stylez Da Kid, and more. With the backing of the Barcelona beatsmith, Lopez goes on to unleash his skilled rhymes on the art of being a true emcee. The record also serves as a bit of an ode to the late Notorious B.I.G. thanks to both its title and a sample RJBeats uses from the famed rapper. Listenin’ To B.I. is the first single from the duo’s forthcoming Vice City Nights EP, which is due out on September 18.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.