Every now and then in Hip-Hop you come across quite the dynamic duo, whether it’s musical pioneers Eric B. and Rakim or modern-day wordsmiths Jay-Z and Kanye West (collectively known as The Throne). With their unique geographic bearings, one hails from the East Coast while the other is based out of Barcelona, Emilio Lopez and RJBeats might just be on their way to becoming the next notable duo in Hip-Hop. The duo’s latest record, Listenin’ To B.I., serves as The DJBooth debut for producer RJBeats and New England emcee Emilio Lopez, who has appeared on records with Apathy, Stylez Da Kid, and more. With the backing of the Barcelona beatsmith, Lopez goes on to unleash his skilled rhymes on the art of being a true emcee. The record also serves as a bit of an ode to the late Notorious B.I.G. thanks to both its title and a sample RJBeats uses from the famed rapper. Listenin’ To B.I. is the first single from the duo’s forthcoming Vice City Nights EP, which is due out on September 18.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/17/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.