Every now and then in Hip-Hop you come across quite the dynamic duo, whether it’s musical pioneers Eric B. and Rakim or modern-day wordsmiths Jay-Z and Kanye West (collectively known as The Throne). With their unique geographic bearings, one hails from the East Coast while the other is based out of Barcelona, Emilio Lopez and RJBeats might just be on their way to becoming the next notable duo in Hip-Hop. The duo’s latest record, Listenin’ To B.I., serves as The DJBooth debut for producer RJBeats and New England emcee Emilio Lopez, who has appeared on records with Apathy, Stylez Da Kid, and more. With the backing of the Barcelona beatsmith, Lopez goes on to unleash his skilled rhymes on the art of being a true emcee. The record also serves as a bit of an ode to the late Notorious B.I.G. thanks to both its title and a sample RJBeats uses from the famed rapper. Listenin’ To B.I. is the first single from the duo’s forthcoming Vice City Nights EP, which is due out on September 18.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/17/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)