Since blessing the Booth with After the Storm in January of 2013, Fonz-E-Mak’s been on a hiatus from the game. Which isn’t to say he was on vacation; he spent much of that time deepening his songwriting abilities through the careful study of rock greats like The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath. Now going by his birth name, EMIL, the Windy City emcee returns to show us the fruits of his study and contemplation in the form of new single Future Primitive. Here, Navie D.‘s leisurely rhythm section and muffled horn loops set the mood as EMIL touts his growing mic skills in casual, yet technically adept verses. Are you “on cloud nine” after listening to this cut? They you’ll want to watch our front page for more fresh singles leading up to the October release of the artist’s long-awaited nineteen / TWENTY LP.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.