Since blessing the Booth with After the Storm in January of 2013, Fonz-E-Mak’s been on a hiatus from the game. Which isn’t to say he was on vacation; he spent much of that time deepening his songwriting abilities through the careful study of rock greats like The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath. Now going by his birth name, EMIL, the Windy City emcee returns to show us the fruits of his study and contemplation in the form of new single Future Primitive. Here, Navie D.‘s leisurely rhythm section and muffled horn loops set the mood as EMIL touts his growing mic skills in casual, yet technically adept verses. Are you “on cloud nine” after listening to this cut? They you’ll want to watch our front page for more fresh singles leading up to the October release of the artist’s long-awaited nineteen / TWENTY LP.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.