Since blessing the Booth with After the Storm in January of 2013, Fonz-E-Mak’s been on a hiatus from the game. Which isn’t to say he was on vacation; he spent much of that time deepening his songwriting abilities through the careful study of rock greats like The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath. Now going by his birth name, EMIL, the Windy City emcee returns to show us the fruits of his study and contemplation in the form of new single Future Primitive. Here, Navie D.‘s leisurely rhythm section and muffled horn loops set the mood as EMIL touts his growing mic skills in casual, yet technically adept verses. Are you “on cloud nine” after listening to this cut? They you’ll want to watch our front page for more fresh singles leading up to the October release of the artist’s long-awaited nineteen / TWENTY LP.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.