Ironically enough, Emerson Brooks didn’t stick around after dropping off his reader-acclaimed cover of Rihanna‘s Stay back in February. Aside from a guest appearance on The Antiheroes’ Understand, the intervening months have passed without a peep from the T-Dot singer/songwriter. If you’ve been waiting with bated breath for new material, you can go ahead and, uh, unbate your breath; today, the singer/songwriter/producer makes his triumphant return with new EP single WDYTYA (Who Do You Think You Are). Here, Brooks and Alex Isaaks’ intricate, guitar-led boardwork backs indignant verses addressed to a woman who did the artist dirty and left him alone in the dark. This romantically-wounded jam is just one of many fresh, innovative cuts to be found on ThePurpleEP. Keep it locked for further details on the project, which has yet to be assigned a solid release date.
Written by richard on 05/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.