I haven’t managed to come up with a Halloween costume (I know, I’m boring.), but I’m definitely going to be out on the streets this evening, checking out others’ getups. I could hardly ask for a better soundtrack to my nocturnal wanderings than Emerson Brooks latest promo single, The Ballad of a NightWalker. As usual, the triple-threat showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; over a synth-drenched four-on-the-floor groove produced by the artist in conjunction with Superville and Alex Isaak, Brooks pays tribute to the urban nightlife in high-energy verses. While the record’s a little upbeat to be considered spooky (or a ballad, for that matter), listeners who like their Halloween jams catchy and club-ready are sure to appreciate its adrenaline-pumping vibe. Brooks doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.