I haven’t managed to come up with a Halloween costume (I know, I’m boring.), but I’m definitely going to be out on the streets this evening, checking out others’ getups. I could hardly ask for a better soundtrack to my nocturnal wanderings than Emerson Brooks latest promo single, The Ballad of a NightWalker. As usual, the triple-threat showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; over a synth-drenched four-on-the-floor groove produced by the artist in conjunction with Superville and Alex Isaak, Brooks pays tribute to the urban nightlife in high-energy verses. While the record’s a little upbeat to be considered spooky (or a ballad, for that matter), listeners who like their Halloween jams catchy and club-ready are sure to appreciate its adrenaline-pumping vibe. Brooks doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/31/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)