I haven’t managed to come up with a Halloween costume (I know, I’m boring.), but I’m definitely going to be out on the streets this evening, checking out others’ getups. I could hardly ask for a better soundtrack to my nocturnal wanderings than Emerson Brooks latest promo single, The Ballad of a NightWalker. As usual, the triple-threat showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; over a synth-drenched four-on-the-floor groove produced by the artist in conjunction with Superville and Alex Isaak, Brooks pays tribute to the urban nightlife in high-energy verses. While the record’s a little upbeat to be considered spooky (or a ballad, for that matter), listeners who like their Halloween jams catchy and club-ready are sure to appreciate its adrenaline-pumping vibe. Brooks doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.