I haven’t managed to come up with a Halloween costume (I know, I’m boring.), but I’m definitely going to be out on the streets this evening, checking out others’ getups. I could hardly ask for a better soundtrack to my nocturnal wanderings than Emerson Brooks latest promo single, The Ballad of a NightWalker. As usual, the triple-threat showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; over a synth-drenched four-on-the-floor groove produced by the artist in conjunction with Superville and Alex Isaak, Brooks pays tribute to the urban nightlife in high-energy verses. While the record’s a little upbeat to be considered spooky (or a ballad, for that matter), listeners who like their Halloween jams catchy and club-ready are sure to appreciate its adrenaline-pumping vibe. Brooks doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)