I haven’t managed to come up with a Halloween costume (I know, I’m boring.), but I’m definitely going to be out on the streets this evening, checking out others’ getups. I could hardly ask for a better soundtrack to my nocturnal wanderings than Emerson Brooks latest promo single, The Ballad of a NightWalker. As usual, the triple-threat showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; over a synth-drenched four-on-the-floor groove produced by the artist in conjunction with Superville and Alex Isaak, Brooks pays tribute to the urban nightlife in high-energy verses. While the record’s a little upbeat to be considered spooky (or a ballad, for that matter), listeners who like their Halloween jams catchy and club-ready are sure to appreciate its adrenaline-pumping vibe. Brooks doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.