What good is a genius IQ if it doesn’t add zeroes to your bank account? Emerson Brooks, for one, will choose Rich & Stupid over smart and broke any day of the week. Produced by the artist in conjunction with Mike McKay, this promo single sees the T-Dot buzzmaker touting his financial irresponsibility over party-ready mix of samples and live instrumentation. Emptying your bank account in a day certainly ain’t wise, but Brooks clearly has more brains than he’s letting on. I mean, he manages to sneak a reference to the history of Ancient Rome (“Burnin’ like Nero…”) into his lyrics. While this catchy cut is only a loosie, we’ll keep you posted on Emerson’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/27/14
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.