What good is a genius IQ if it doesn’t add zeroes to your bank account? Emerson Brooks, for one, will choose Rich & Stupid over smart and broke any day of the week. Produced by the artist in conjunction with Mike McKay, this promo single sees the T-Dot buzzmaker touting his financial irresponsibility over party-ready mix of samples and live instrumentation. Emptying your bank account in a day certainly ain’t wise, but Brooks clearly has more brains than he’s letting on. I mean, he manages to sneak a reference to the history of Ancient Rome (“Burnin’ like Nero…”) into his lyrics. While this catchy cut is only a loosie, we’ll keep you posted on Emerson’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.