What good is a genius IQ if it doesn’t add zeroes to your bank account? Emerson Brooks, for one, will choose Rich & Stupid over smart and broke any day of the week. Produced by the artist in conjunction with Mike McKay, this promo single sees the T-Dot buzzmaker touting his financial irresponsibility over party-ready mix of samples and live instrumentation. Emptying your bank account in a day certainly ain’t wise, but Brooks clearly has more brains than he’s letting on. I mean, he manages to sneak a reference to the history of Ancient Rome (“Burnin’ like Nero…”) into his lyrics. While this catchy cut is only a loosie, we’ll keep you posted on Emerson’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/27/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)