What good is a genius IQ if it doesn’t add zeroes to your bank account? Emerson Brooks, for one, will choose Rich & Stupid over smart and broke any day of the week. Produced by the artist in conjunction with Mike McKay, this promo single sees the T-Dot buzzmaker touting his financial irresponsibility over party-ready mix of samples and live instrumentation. Emptying your bank account in a day certainly ain’t wise, but Brooks clearly has more brains than he’s letting on. I mean, he manages to sneak a reference to the history of Ancient Rome (“Burnin’ like Nero…”) into his lyrics. While this catchy cut is only a loosie, we’ll keep you posted on Emerson’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/27/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.