What good is a genius IQ if it doesn’t add zeroes to your bank account? Emerson Brooks, for one, will choose Rich & Stupid over smart and broke any day of the week. Produced by the artist in conjunction with Mike McKay, this promo single sees the T-Dot buzzmaker touting his financial irresponsibility over party-ready mix of samples and live instrumentation. Emptying your bank account in a day certainly ain’t wise, but Brooks clearly has more brains than he’s letting on. I mean, he manages to sneak a reference to the history of Ancient Rome (“Burnin’ like Nero…”) into his lyrics. While this catchy cut is only a loosie, we’ll keep you posted on Emerson’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.