MAYDAY, MAYDAY—we have a man down! No need to send help, though; while Emerson Brooks’ latest solo feature finds the T-Dot singer/songwriter in free fall after knocking back a few shots too many, he’s fortunate enough to have a beautiful shawty on hand to catch him before he crashes and burns. As on last fall’s reader-acclaimed Bare With Me, Emerson collaborates with Frederick Brooks behind the mixing boards, creating a blissfully mellow, string-laced soundscape to back him as he outlines his plans for the evening: “I’m gone but I will drink this anyway / till I can’t feel my face, and sh*t gets out of place.” Fans will be able to find this intoxicating single and much more on Brooks’ Purple EP, slated to drop digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/27/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)