MAYDAY, MAYDAY—we have a man down! No need to send help, though; while Emerson Brooks’ latest solo feature finds the T-Dot singer/songwriter in free fall after knocking back a few shots too many, he’s fortunate enough to have a beautiful shawty on hand to catch him before he crashes and burns. As on last fall’s reader-acclaimed Bare With Me, Emerson collaborates with Frederick Brooks behind the mixing boards, creating a blissfully mellow, string-laced soundscape to back him as he outlines his plans for the evening: “I’m gone but I will drink this anyway / till I can’t feel my face, and sh*t gets out of place.” Fans will be able to find this intoxicating single and much more on Brooks’ Purple EP, slated to drop digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.