MAYDAY, MAYDAY—we have a man down! No need to send help, though; while Emerson Brooks’ latest solo feature finds the T-Dot singer/songwriter in free fall after knocking back a few shots too many, he’s fortunate enough to have a beautiful shawty on hand to catch him before he crashes and burns. As on last fall’s reader-acclaimed Bare With Me, Emerson collaborates with Frederick Brooks behind the mixing boards, creating a blissfully mellow, string-laced soundscape to back him as he outlines his plans for the evening: “I’m gone but I will drink this anyway / till I can’t feel my face, and sh*t gets out of place.” Fans will be able to find this intoxicating single and much more on Brooks’ Purple EP, slated to drop digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)