MAYDAY, MAYDAY—we have a man down! No need to send help, though; while Emerson Brooks’ latest solo feature finds the T-Dot singer/songwriter in free fall after knocking back a few shots too many, he’s fortunate enough to have a beautiful shawty on hand to catch him before he crashes and burns. As on last fall’s reader-acclaimed Bare With Me, Emerson collaborates with Frederick Brooks behind the mixing boards, creating a blissfully mellow, string-laced soundscape to back him as he outlines his plans for the evening: “I’m gone but I will drink this anyway / till I can’t feel my face, and sh*t gets out of place.” Fans will be able to find this intoxicating single and much more on Brooks’ Purple EP, slated to drop digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/27/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.