This Saturday, March 1, T-Dot singer/songwriter Emerson Brooks will be celebrating his 27th birthday. No need to go shopping for a present, though; there’s only one item on his wish list, and it ain’t sold in stores. On Beg, a new single released in anticipation of the big day, the T-Dot singer/songwriter and producer asks a certain woman to give him the love and affection he’s been craving: “I don’t want no handout, just a little recognition / You don’t gotta put your man down, just give me what I’m missin’.” To back his plaintive, Autotune-laced vocals, he and behind-the-boards collaborator Alex Isaak cook up a delicate beat driven by gentle guitar strums, synths and srting harmonies. Beg will be part of a forthcoming “organic compilation,” details on which have yet to be announced. Keep it locked for the latest on that project, as well, as on Emerson’s yet-unscheduled debut EP, Purple.
Written by richard on 02/27/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)