This Saturday, March 1, T-Dot singer/songwriter Emerson Brooks will be celebrating his 27th birthday. No need to go shopping for a present, though; there’s only one item on his wish list, and it ain’t sold in stores. On Beg, a new single released in anticipation of the big day, the T-Dot singer/songwriter and producer asks a certain woman to give him the love and affection he’s been craving: “I don’t want no handout, just a little recognition / You don’t gotta put your man down, just give me what I’m missin’.” To back his plaintive, Autotune-laced vocals, he and behind-the-boards collaborator Alex Isaak cook up a delicate beat driven by gentle guitar strums, synths and srting harmonies. Beg will be part of a forthcoming “organic compilation,” details on which have yet to be announced. Keep it locked for the latest on that project, as well, as on Emerson’s yet-unscheduled debut EP, Purple.
Written by richard on 02/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.