This Saturday, March 1, T-Dot singer/songwriter Emerson Brooks will be celebrating his 27th birthday. No need to go shopping for a present, though; there’s only one item on his wish list, and it ain’t sold in stores. On Beg, a new single released in anticipation of the big day, the T-Dot singer/songwriter and producer asks a certain woman to give him the love and affection he’s been craving: “I don’t want no handout, just a little recognition / You don’t gotta put your man down, just give me what I’m missin’.” To back his plaintive, Autotune-laced vocals, he and behind-the-boards collaborator Alex Isaak cook up a delicate beat driven by gentle guitar strums, synths and srting harmonies. Beg will be part of a forthcoming “organic compilation,” details on which have yet to be announced. Keep it locked for the latest on that project, as well, as on Emerson’s yet-unscheduled debut EP, Purple.
Written by richard on 02/27/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.