This Saturday, March 1, T-Dot singer/songwriter Emerson Brooks will be celebrating his 27th birthday. No need to go shopping for a present, though; there’s only one item on his wish list, and it ain’t sold in stores. On Beg, a new single released in anticipation of the big day, the T-Dot singer/songwriter and producer asks a certain woman to give him the love and affection he’s been craving: “I don’t want no handout, just a little recognition / You don’t gotta put your man down, just give me what I’m missin’.” To back his plaintive, Autotune-laced vocals, he and behind-the-boards collaborator Alex Isaak cook up a delicate beat driven by gentle guitar strums, synths and srting harmonies. Beg will be part of a forthcoming “organic compilation,” details on which have yet to be announced. Keep it locked for the latest on that project, as well, as on Emerson’s yet-unscheduled debut EP, Purple.
Written by richard on 02/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.