Earlier this month, you might have caught Emerson Brooks on Peter Jackson’s single Help. From the sound of his new single Bare With Me, though, it doesn’t sound like Brooks needs much assistance. For his first solo feature the T-Dot-born, LA residing singer/songwriter delivers a smooth R&B cut that is chalked full of relationship drama. As Fredrick Brooks and Emerson’s understated beat chimes, the artist uses his unique vocals, which blend Neo soul and R&B with a slight pop leaning, to inform listeners of the issues he is experiencing with his girl, who judging by the lyrics happens to be quite fickle. One minute his boo is flying off the handle and the next she is climbing on top of him. Many a gentlemen, I am sure, can relate. Bare With Me will appear on Books’ forthcoming Purple project, which currently has no set release date.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.