Earlier this month, you might have caught Emerson Brooks on Peter Jackson’s single Help. From the sound of his new single Bare With Me, though, it doesn’t sound like Brooks needs much assistance. For his first solo feature the T-Dot-born, LA residing singer/songwriter delivers a smooth R&B cut that is chalked full of relationship drama. As Fredrick Brooks and Emerson’s understated beat chimes, the artist uses his unique vocals, which blend Neo soul and R&B with a slight pop leaning, to inform listeners of the issues he is experiencing with his girl, who judging by the lyrics happens to be quite fickle. One minute his boo is flying off the handle and the next she is climbing on top of him. Many a gentlemen, I am sure, can relate. Bare With Me will appear on Books’ forthcoming Purple project, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.