Earlier this month, you might have caught Emerson Brooks on Peter Jackson’s single Help. From the sound of his new single Bare With Me, though, it doesn’t sound like Brooks needs much assistance. For his first solo feature the T-Dot-born, LA residing singer/songwriter delivers a smooth R&B cut that is chalked full of relationship drama. As Fredrick Brooks and Emerson’s understated beat chimes, the artist uses his unique vocals, which blend Neo soul and R&B with a slight pop leaning, to inform listeners of the issues he is experiencing with his girl, who judging by the lyrics happens to be quite fickle. One minute his boo is flying off the handle and the next she is climbing on top of him. Many a gentlemen, I am sure, can relate. Bare With Me will appear on Books’ forthcoming Purple project, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.