Fresh off lending his behind-the-boards expertise to Missing, an August loosie from B.o.B, Emerson Brooks steps back into the spotlight with a freshly-minted single off his next EP. On this atmospheric ballad, the T-Dot singer/songwriter and producer pours his heart out to a special woman in his life, promising to give her his everything and keep it 100 at all times. In conjunction with constant collaborator Alex Isaak, Brooks crafts a shimmering electronic beat to back his own earnest verses. Emerson’s Purple EP isn’t scheduled to drop till early 2014, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles leading up to its arrival.
Written by richard on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.