Fresh off lending his behind-the-boards expertise to Missing, an August loosie from B.o.B, Emerson Brooks steps back into the spotlight with a freshly-minted single off his next EP. On this atmospheric ballad, the T-Dot singer/songwriter and producer pours his heart out to a special woman in his life, promising to give her his everything and keep it 100 at all times. In conjunction with constant collaborator Alex Isaak, Brooks crafts a shimmering electronic beat to back his own earnest verses. Emerson’s Purple EP isn’t scheduled to drop till early 2014, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles leading up to its arrival.
Written by richard on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.