Fresh off lending his behind-the-boards expertise to Missing, an August loosie from B.o.B, Emerson Brooks steps back into the spotlight with a freshly-minted single off his next EP. On this atmospheric ballad, the T-Dot singer/songwriter and producer pours his heart out to a special woman in his life, promising to give her his everything and keep it 100 at all times. In conjunction with constant collaborator Alex Isaak, Brooks crafts a shimmering electronic beat to back his own earnest verses. Emerson’s Purple EP isn’t scheduled to drop till early 2014, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles leading up to its arrival.
Written by richard on 09/9/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.