Released last June as an international single off Emeli Sandé‘s debut set, My Kind of Love has received a production makeover courtesy of Alex P. and RedOne. Whereas the album version featured a melancholy, piano-led beat by Emile Haynie, Danny Keyz and Craze & Hoax, this rendition packs a considerably harder-hitting pop backdrop. To increase the impact of the UK soul songstress’s heartfelt verses, the beatsmiths employ a distorted stomp-clap rhythm section, as well as atmospheric synths and backing strings. An uncredited director provides the cut’s cinematic accompaniment, offering a creative visualization of its emotionally-charged lyrical themes. You can find My Kind of Love, the Kendrick Lamar-assisted Next to Me and much more on Our Version of Events, out now via Capitol Records.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.