Released last June as an international single off Emeli Sandé‘s debut set, My Kind of Love has received a production makeover courtesy of Alex P. and RedOne. Whereas the album version featured a melancholy, piano-led beat by Emile Haynie, Danny Keyz and Craze & Hoax, this rendition packs a considerably harder-hitting pop backdrop. To increase the impact of the UK soul songstress’s heartfelt verses, the beatsmiths employ a distorted stomp-clap rhythm section, as well as atmospheric synths and backing strings. An uncredited director provides the cut’s cinematic accompaniment, offering a creative visualization of its emotionally-charged lyrical themes. You can find My Kind of Love, the Kendrick Lamar-assisted Next to Me and much more on Our Version of Events, out now via Capitol Records.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.