Released last June as an international single off Emeli Sandé‘s debut set, My Kind of Love has received a production makeover courtesy of Alex P. and RedOne. Whereas the album version featured a melancholy, piano-led beat by Emile Haynie, Danny Keyz and Craze & Hoax, this rendition packs a considerably harder-hitting pop backdrop. To increase the impact of the UK soul songstress’s heartfelt verses, the beatsmiths employ a distorted stomp-clap rhythm section, as well as atmospheric synths and backing strings. An uncredited director provides the cut’s cinematic accompaniment, offering a creative visualization of its emotionally-charged lyrical themes. You can find My Kind of Love, the Kendrick Lamar-assisted Next to Me and much more on Our Version of Events, out now via Capitol Records.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.