Released last June as an international single off Emeli Sandé‘s debut set, My Kind of Love has received a production makeover courtesy of Alex P. and RedOne. Whereas the album version featured a melancholy, piano-led beat by Emile Haynie, Danny Keyz and Craze & Hoax, this rendition packs a considerably harder-hitting pop backdrop. To increase the impact of the UK soul songstress’s heartfelt verses, the beatsmiths employ a distorted stomp-clap rhythm section, as well as atmospheric synths and backing strings. An uncredited director provides the cut’s cinematic accompaniment, offering a creative visualization of its emotionally-charged lyrical themes. You can find My Kind of Love, the Kendrick Lamar-assisted Next to Me and much more on Our Version of Events, out now via Capitol Records.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.