Released last June as an international single off Emeli Sandé‘s debut set, My Kind of Love has received a production makeover courtesy of Alex P. and RedOne. Whereas the album version featured a melancholy, piano-led beat by Emile Haynie, Danny Keyz and Craze & Hoax, this rendition packs a considerably harder-hitting pop backdrop. To increase the impact of the UK soul songstress’s heartfelt verses, the beatsmiths employ a distorted stomp-clap rhythm section, as well as atmospheric synths and backing strings. An uncredited director provides the cut’s cinematic accompaniment, offering a creative visualization of its emotionally-charged lyrical themes. You can find My Kind of Love, the Kendrick Lamar-assisted Next to Me and much more on Our Version of Events, out now via Capitol Records.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)