For recording artists not lucky enough to be natural businesspeople, shopping oneself around to major labels can leave one feeling like a fish out of water—or, worse, a Clown. On her latest single and first DJBooth feature, Emili Sandé gives listeners a taste of the insecurity, vulnerability and self-doubt she experienced while trying to get signed. Naughty Boy uses a light touch on the production tip, backing the London singer’s emotionally-charged vocals with spare piano chords and understated strings, and director Wiz creatively recontexutalizes the record’s themes in his official video. The UK’s top-selling album of 2012, debut studio album Our Version of Events is available in stores and online as of February.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Next To Me" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.