For recording artists not lucky enough to be natural businesspeople, shopping oneself around to major labels can leave one feeling like a fish out of water—or, worse, a Clown. On her latest single and first DJBooth feature, Emili Sandé gives listeners a taste of the insecurity, vulnerability and self-doubt she experienced while trying to get signed. Naughty Boy uses a light touch on the production tip, backing the London singer’s emotionally-charged vocals with spare piano chords and understated strings, and director Wiz creatively recontexutalizes the record’s themes in his official video. The UK’s top-selling album of 2012, debut studio album Our Version of Events is available in stores and online as of February.
Written by richard on 12/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Next To Me" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.